Thursday, February 16, 2017

"Words words words."

I realized that I haven't mentioned my mail art project yet. The assignment was to create a network and send to each person in that network something to interact with. For me, I sent out requests for two or three words from a phrase each recipient liked. When I get them back, I will arrange the words into a poem.

These are some of the un-stamped, unlabeled envelopes I made for the project. I had fun working on these. First, on it are references to one of my favorite passages in one of my favorite plays: Act II scene ii of Hamlet by Shakespeare. In that scene, Lord Polonius spots Hamlet reading a book. When the lord asked the prince, Hamlet replied "Words words words." I printed that excerpt from that scene onto each envelope. In addition, I added a drawing of a fish (Hamlet calls Lord Polonius "a fishmonger") as well as the quote.

I will add some images of the stamped and labeled envelopes later.







No comments:

Post a Comment